Want to work at The Urban Grape? We’re hiring for the Event and Marketing position below, but also looking for qualified floor staff to join our team. Send those cover letters and resumes into firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP – we start interviews next week!
The Urban Grape, an award-winning wine, spirits, and craft beer store in Boston’s South End, is looking for an effervescent wine enthusiast who can help coordinate and support event and marketing efforts at the store. Enthusiasm, energy, and organization are essential to this position since it will require strong interpersonal skills and scheduling. Prior knowledge of Massachusetts’s distributors and beverage portfolio is strongly recommended. This role will require an individual with digital and social media capabilities including photography, Adobe Photoshop, Eventbrite, and Mailchimp. A passion for fine wine is a must, formal wine education through WSET, Court of Master Sommeliers, and/or the Elizabeth Bishop School, etc., is preferred but not a requirement. This position has endless growth potential.
– Organize Weekly In-Store Public Events (held weekly 3 times a week)
– Schedule weekly tastings with sales representatives, breweries, distillers and wineries
– Coordinate with staff to arrange tasting setup and event promotion
– Maintain a list of industry contacts
– Schedule weekly food vendors to host pop-ups during public tastings
– Update the Urban Grape events page on the website
– Organize/synthesize data for public tastings each month to recap sales
– Update UG event advertising with media partners such as Improper Bostonian, Boston.com and The Juice
– Create content via photography and In-Design to promote events via social media
– Help schedule, organize, and promote Winemaker Events, Wine Dinners, and VIP tastings through MailChimp newsletters
– Help develop and schedule monthly in-depth wine classes with industry experts
– Use Eventbrite, MailChimp and social media to promote these events
– Assist with private, off-site tasting events with growth potential to lead your own wine tasting events in time
– Help organize weekly promotion emails for weekly special order offerings on MailChimp
– Organize and label special orders section
– Update client lists on Mailchimp
– Assist with corporate client special order needs such as beverage catering and gifts
– Spring 2017: help with the promotion of the store’s upcoming wine book, Drink Progressively. Duties TBD
A motivated individual with a passion for bringing new ideas to this position will grow and thrive at The Urban Grape. We encourage self-starters with a passion for wine and marketing to apply for this position by sending a cover letter and resume to our attention. Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
Benefits include health care, dental, 401K, and employee beverage discount.