Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Everyone gathers around in the kitchen and the room swells with the heady scents of the season. Most of my memories of Thanksgiving take place in the kitchen and wine is an essential ingredient. In the words of Julia Child “…sometimes I even put it in the food.” Pairing wines for Thanksgiving can be easy!
Here are a few tips:
- Bubbles go with everything (and often need nothing at all). Champagne is the perfect way to start the day, or the dinner. The acidity cuts through the richness of hors d’oeuvres and the bubbles create a festive mood! We suggest the NV Piollot “Cuvee des Tallants” Zero Dosage Champagne.
- Thanksgiving is about celebrating the good things in life, like friends, family, and mashed potatoes with gravy. Chardonnay is a perfect foil for buttery mashed potatoes and it also puts a big smile on your Mom‘s face. We suggest 2014 Hartford Court Russian River Chardonnay.
- Pinot Noir is the ultimate Thanksgiving pairing, it has beautiful notes of cranberry that echo the flavors of the day, and acidity to slice through the richness of the Turkey. 2014 Cultivate Pinot Noir with fruit from Santa Barbara, Monterrey and Sonoma is the perfect pour!
- What do apples, pumpkins and pecans have in common (other than making pies delicious)? They all pair perfectly with Tawny Port. Tawny Port has notes of nuts and caramel, vanilla and spice and just a touch of sweetness. The Quinta do Infantado Tawny Port is a perfect match to all Thanksgiving dessert flavors.
Each of these wines are available at the store but to make Thanksgiving easy-as-pie we have assembled a Thanksgiving Sampler with a bottle of each wrapped and ready to gift or serve.*
- Special Thanksgiving Day Sampler $100.00
- Regularly Priced $130.00
Click the “Buy Now” button below to order your Thanksgiving Sampler(s) today!