From the Vine

SPOTLIGHT WINE: 2013 DOMAINE BINDI MURSAGLIA BLANC (CORSICA, FRANCE)

The Urban Grape | 2013 DOMAINE BINDI MURSAGLIA BLANC

 

2013 DOMAINE BINDI MURSAGLIA BLANC (CORSICA, FRANCE)

Corsica. I’ll admit, this is a new one for me, and is even pretty new for TJ! But I’ve just brushed up on the history of Corsican wine and am ready to spread a little knowledge.

Located between France and Italy, the island of Corsica is a French territory, but looks to Italy for its winemaking style. Patrimonio, where today’s Spotlight wine was made, was the tiny island’s first designated AOC, and is known for its appealing red wines. Over 95 percent of the region is planted to red grapes. The other 5% is planted to Vermentinu – which we call Vermentino.

The island is warm, dry, and mountainous, all perfect growing conditions for Vermentino. The endless sunshine of the island grows fat, happy grapes. While unchallenged grapes can sometimes produce lazy wines, this wine is saved by the soil’s minerality which imparts interest and a fresh, clean taste.

With aromas of anise and fennel, the Bindi Vermentino is an compelling counterpart to food. Naturally produced with minimal winemaker interference by a young Corsican who left law school to produce wine back home, this is definitely the most interesting wine you’re going to come across this week. It very well may be the first Corsican wine you ever try, but it’s sure to be a memorable one!

Regular Price: $45/bottle

15% per Bottle Discount: $38.25/bottle

25% four-bottle Discount: $135 ($45 savings at $33.75 a bottle) *That’s like buy 3, Get 1 Free!

Buy Bindi Vermentino Now

SHARE THIS: FACEBOOK TWITTER EMAIL